Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Pre Thru-Hike Blogging ...

As some who have been interested in and moving towards a Paleo diet, I have been researching options for Paleo foods to eat during my thru-hike.  This has been extremely challenging, since most backpacking and trail food consists of lots of carbohydrates and sugars and are highly processed foods.  I have been working a lot this past week to reach out to potential Paleo food sponsors to help me in my effort to eat as much of a Paleo diet as is possible after starting my thru-hike.



I currently have positive responses from 5 great companies that are willing to support me with their products.  I have placed a rolling slide show on the right side of the blog to feature to give them the exposure they deserve.  I hope you will find links to their websites on my Epicurious tab and consider supporting them when you are needing great food for your hike or outing.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You can expect to see blog posts at least one a week from now until the start of my hike.

Posts will be centered around several different topics which I will rotate through to keep things interesting ...
  1. Training - physical exercise including paleo fitness and primal movements, weekend backpacking trips for testing gear and food choices, and other efforts to get in better cardio vascular shape.
  2. Food choices and nutrition - Paleo foods and recipes for homemade trail food.
  3. Logistics - planning mail drops, personal decision about leaving life as I know it for 6 months, etc.
  4. Gear selection - gear descriptions and choices, a list of gear I already own and will use, and other gear I need to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment